Sunday, April 21, 2002

Kenya

Jambo!
hello and greetings from Nairobi!
I have arrived safely and withour incident--good news!
Better news--kenya is SPECTACULAR!!!!!!! Oh my god you guys, i am in awe!
There have been so many ups and downs but in one day being here has lifted
my spirits and awakened my hunger for knowledge and adventure!
Peace Corps has been so generous and has treated us like royality! the
hotel is like a resort--then again i am flabbergasted by a flushing
toilet--but seriously, it is beautiful. The Kenyans--an incredible
people, with kindness i have never experienced the likes of, they are
beautiful, oh and I am no longer a Giantess of the 8th continent!
Last night a live traditional band came with dancers who lite up the night
and my heart--THEY WERE AMAZING!!! I can't even begin to tell you--the
drums, and dancing, the power, the happiness--I'm still blown away!
I'M IN AFRICA--IT'S SO AMAZING, better than any discovery channel...I mean
anything--I'm floored and speechless!

Our conference starts in 15 minutes and I start to figure out what is
going on and what my next step is. They have provided FREE internet
access so I am expecting to hear from you! :)

hope to talk to you soon!
aisha

No comments: